POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Avoiding re-parsing in animation. : Re: Avoiding re-parsing in animation. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:31:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Avoiding re-parsing in animation.
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 9 Sep 2003 19:21:50
Message: <3f5e608e$1@news.povray.org>
Well, depends on what you actually do with
your objects. If they're done with a lot of
loops and macros, you might want to consider
writing the objects to HD and then just
load them for successive frames. Unless they're
changed during the animation of course, in
which case even if MegaPOV had some feature
like that (I don't know, don't use it) would be
of no use.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: no_lights (@) digitaltwilight.de

> I have created an scenario in which the parsing time is much longer than
the
> image-generating time. I would like to make an animation in which only the
> camera moves, therefore the re-parsing of the objects in the scenario
seems
> useless. Is it possible to avoid such re-parsing??
>
> Thanks,
>
> --

> Universidad Complutense de Madrid
>

> Avda. Complutense s/n